        I was wondering if anyone out there could give me their experiences
with
this lens.  I was wondering if I should be at all concerned with lens creep?
<<<<<<<<<<

My experience says you need only worry about zoom creep if buying the 35-70
f/2.8D used.

I bought a new one right after it changed to a "D" lens. Sure enough, a
year or so later, the zoom would creep when pointing up or down. Then one
day I accidently dropped the lens on an F4. I wound up selling that lens
and buying another new 35-70 f/2.8D. I've had the new one for 4 or 5 years
now, and not a hint of creep.

I suspect zoom creep was a problem Nikon recognized in this lens and over
the years has quietly fixed.

Larry