I haven't been keeping up with my digests so apologies if this has already
been noted but ....

Guess what I saw in the display case at Harrod's in London this morning?
Yep, the elusive 28-70/2.8 AF-S. The salesman said they'd had it for about
two weeks. Hmmmm.  In any case, the price was a breathtaking 1500 Pounds.
Still not as bad as the new 35-70/2.8 for the Leica R system which weighs in
at approx. $3K!!!

Odd that at PMA last month Nikon was (I'm told) only showing a prototype of
this lens while it was already in the pipeline to the UK. Is England Nikon's
beta test site?