You wrote:
<<I'm just curious.  There seems to be a lot of strong feelings about N
vs. C on this list.  How does everyone feel about Nikon vs. third party
lenses?>>

I like third party lenses just fine (anything but Canon, of course). I'd
rather have all Nikon lenses, but have you noticed? Nikon can be a
little bit pricey. I'll state the obvious: Third party lenses give you a
chance to get a focal length or other features you may need at a more
affordable price. They are often purchased with the hope that you'll
live long enough to one day get the Nikon equivalent. Also, some of the
third party lenses are optically near equal or equal to Nikon lenses.
Some people says that in some circumstances they may be shhh... I'll
whisper it... better.

In other words, we can love Nikon... but let's not be fanatical about
it. And I love to hear the discussion around third party stuff as well.
It is certainly relevant inasmuch as it is an alternative and gives us
something to compare Nikon against.

By the way, I like Canon okay. I bought one and gave it to my dog. He
uses it for a fire hydrant.

Richard