> Thierry PERTUY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Speed   Guide number
> 1/60s       42

> Flash Intensity   Guide number
> 1                   42

> Flash Intensity  Flash duration
> 1               1/60s

> Anything wrong?

Yes.  I think interpolating between the FP and the standard mode is
flawed.   At full power, if the flash took 1/60th of a second, then
flash sync at 1/250th, the shutter would be limiting the exposure,
which it isn't.  The slowest a portable flash unit ever fires is
something like 1/1000.  At fastest, about 1/10000.  Studio units
are usually fixed at about 1/1000, which is nice because it doesn't
cause a failure of the reciprocity effect.  1/10000 can, but I've
never noticed.  But then again, I'm not very picky.

> Yet another question in the same vein about the F100: How is it possible to
> adjust flash intensity without adjusting background's one? I read that
> bracketing could do so but is it possible to do so without using it?

I don't see any way to do that.  I have only the camera and the quick
reference with me, not the full manual.

Dan.