Ok so I have decided the Nikon 80-200 AFS is not worth twice
the money.  I have heard from several sources the Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM
is a good quality lens and it's hard to tell it from the Nikon on film.

However, I'm curious of the HSM is noticeably faster/better than the
Nikon non-AFS lens.  I don't recall hearing any feedback on this.
I can't find any references on the Web that compare the lenses
in this way.

Also how is Sigma's 300 F4?  It's about $200 less than the Nikon.

I'm doing something I said I would never do.  I purchased a Nikon
for the Nikon lens quality and now I'm considering non-Nikon lenses.

Bad Kevin. :)

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin S. Mahler, CCNA