It is time for the Nikon mailing list to move.  There are various
reasons:

- I do not have the time to administer it properly: it needs better care
  and feeding, and its subscribers deserve better assistance than I can
  give.  For example, all my Nikon mail is being shoved onto the end of a
  long list, and may never be read.

- the measures I have taken to reduce the cost to my employer
  disadvantage you: delivery is convoluted and delayed, there is no
  real-time delivery, and there is no local archive.

- it is still incurring a cost.  Universities used to be the Internet's
  backbone and benefactors; not any longer (at least not to this
  extent).

So I am looking for someone to take over its administration.  I've seen a
few commercial providers, but none will provide the tender attention I
think this list deserves.  That, or they require site registration or
only provide web-based access.

The ideal destination will have a stable machine, permanently networked,
running a server OS.

If you think you can help in this respect, please email me directly.

Andrew Donkin                                           Technical Support
School of Computing and Maths, Waikato University, Hamilton,  New Zealand