Some have expressed dissatisfaction that the F100 does not have Mirror Lock
Up.  I suggest that the lack of this feature may not be so bad.  If the
shutter incorporates the same counter-balanced vibration free smoothness of
the F5, MLU may not be necessary in most instances.  I am sure many F5
owners will attest to the smoothness of the F5's shutter.  I offer the
following example though it really only demonstrates the quietness of the F5
shutter.  You will have to extrapolate that with quietness comes smoothness.

I know a place here on Long Island where you can easily feed seeds to
Chickadees right out of your hand.  I tried to take the picture of one using
an N90s and 60mm Micro Nikkor AFD lens.  It wasn't until I got the pictures
back that I found out I did not have one shot of a Chickadee in my hand.
The noise of the N90s's shutter scared them away every time.  The following
weekend I was back with an F5 and the same 60mm lens.  Every shot came out
though a couple did have blurred wing movement as this sample does.

http://www.erols.com/w2nra/Photos-I-Like/Chickadee-in-hand.htm

If the F100's shutter is anything like the F5's, I wonder if I'd use MLU
even if it had it.

Art

Art Searle, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lake Grove, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA     www.erols.com/w2nra