Hello,

I'm a newbie in the world of photography. But I'm learning a lot of you all. Just by
reading this great digest.
I'm a starting amateur and this is my equipment:
- A Nikon F601 (6006)
- An Nikkor AF-D 35-80 mm /4.0 - 5.6
- An Nikkor AF-D 80-200 mm/4.0 - 5.6
- HN-3 sunhood
- HR-1 sunhood
- 2 L37c 55 mm UV filters.
- A tripod

I consider buying a fixed focal length 50 mm lens. Which one is the best choice when
you look at my equipment?
Which lens is the best choice, the Nikkor AF 50/1.4 D or the Nikkor AF-D 50/1.8?
I know that the Nikkor AF 50/1.4 D has 7 elements in 6 groups and the Nikkor AF 50/1.8
has a Nikkor super integrated coating.
The AF 50/1.8 has 6 elements in 5 groups. How does it work with the groups and
elements? What is better more elements or less?
And what is that super integrated coating of the Nikkor AF 50/1.8? Is it useful or is
it a nice commercial thing, with no value?

Or is it more sensible to first buy a good flash unit? And which Nikon flash unit is
the best choice when you look at the body and lenses I have.
(Or non Nikon flash unit, like Metz for example) To what kind of things do I have to
pay attention to when I want to buy a flash unit?

Unfortunately I don't have enough money to buy a good flash unit and a fixed focal
length lens, so I have to choose.
I hope that you can give me some reasons to make my decision.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I thank you in advance.

Koen Stap
The Netherlands
Email           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Opinions expressed above are my very own and do not necessarily represent those of CMG.

Remember: All is not what it seems to be!