>From: Noland Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Many Thanks to Andrew Donkin and Waikato Univ. [v04.n154/5]
>
>I personally want to again extend my Thanks to Andrew and also to
Waikato
>University whose system supports our interests..
>
>Best of Season's Greetings to All
>
>Noland Lewis
>------------------------------

Yes I would like to join Noland to thank Andrew and Waikato univ for
their support of this site. It had been a useful resource of Nikon info
and personal experiences which you would not find in the manuals nor
guide books.
Wishing all Nikoners a Blessed and Joyous Christmas and a Wonderful
1999. Happy photographing!!

KP

>From: "Thom Hogan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: re: F90x vs F100 vs F5 [v04.n154/7]
>
>I really doubt that the
>N90s will go away soon, unless demand drops significantly. But given
the
>extra cost of the F100, I suspect demand will hold as photographers
decide
>that they don't need those extra cost extras. Nikon actually has a
small
>lineup compared to, say, Canon. The new models Nikon has introduced
recently
>make them more competitive at more levels.
>
>------------------------------

I agree that the price would be a major consideration and therefore a
demand for the N90S will still be there. But I think it is a matter of
time before the N90S will be phased out. The N90S was introduced in
1994. The writing is on the wall for the N90S. The product cycle seem
shorter with the F60 replacing the F50. It will be interesting to watch
the replacement for the F70. Will Nikon come out with a model to be
closer to the N90S? Competition from C***n is keen and it will be
interesting to see how Nikon respond with its F70 replacement. This is
what's happening with the lens. Nikon is responding now with the Silent
Wave lens. I wish the competition is more price based so that we the
consumers can benefit more.

KP