> I want to ask whether 55/2.8 AF can do 1:1 magnification like the 60/2.8
> AFD. i think this lens was for Nikon F3AF.
>
> Is this lens as good as 55/2.8 AIS or 60/2.8 AFD?

As far as I know, the AF 55/2.8 has the same optics as the AIS version.
Since the optics are the same, I expect the AF 55 micro will perform as well
as the AIS version - brilliantly.

The AIS lens can go to 1:2, and requires the PK-13 extension tube to go to
1:1. The AF lens has a completely new mount, which permits it to go to 1:1
without the PK-13. It also has a larger 62mm thread. This was one of the
first AF lenses, so the focusing ring was rather narrow and loose-feeling.

The 60/2.8 has a new optical design and mount.