Hello Nikoneers,

Why are we trying so hard to guess how the F5 metering
works?  Is it because we want to understand its
advantages and its limitations?  If this is going to
help us with our photography, then I guess Nikon is the
only one who can help us.  But will they?

A Canon rep was bragging, Canon lenses are better than
Nikon because they can come up with Ultra-low
Dispersion glass while Nikon can only come up with
Extra-low Dispersion glass.  He was bragging that UD
glass has a tolerance figure of .0001 or whatever that
may be while ED glass only goes up to .001 whatever
unit that is.  Of course he couldn't show me any hard
data.

So how good is good?  Nikon once boasted of the F5's
CPUs, three 16-bit, one 8 bit, one 4 bit.  Now the
Canon EOS 3 has three CPUs inluding a 32 bit 24.576Mhz
RISC microcomputer, what does the F100 have?

Hopefully Nikon responds.

Happy shooting.

Carlo