Hi Nikooneers,

I kept some Cokin filters from my previous gear (a Canon A1). I tried to
mount the filter holder with a polarizer filter onto my Nikkor 28-105 lens:
The result was awful: huge vignetting!

I have heard that some AF-D lenses accept the "HB-4 bayonet mount lens
hood" that is supposed to snap onto the outside of the lens barrel --
not to the filter ring -- allowing a variety of filters to be used
unimpeded and undisturbed. Do you know any adapter wich could mount on
the bayonet and hold Cokin filters?

Alternatively, I'm wondering which polarizer filter I could mount on
this lens. Vignetting is already noticeable with the UV filter I mounted
on it and I wouldn't it to increase with one filter ring more on it.

By the way, I have got a F100 (I'm specifyin it since I read in the
user's guide that the standard (?) Nikon Polar polarizer filter cannot
be used with it. Only the Nikon C-PL circular polarizer filter is
supposed to be ok (Why the hell I don't know!).

Thanks in advance for any information,

Thierry