Dear Nick,
I cannot give any advice about the camera insurance issues, but I can offer
you another kind of advice: Get half (and ONLY half) of your complete system
to go with you. Example: bring the F4 with you but leave the F90X at home.
Apply same treatment for your lenses.

You will get some of the desired pictures, and if your camera & lenses do
get stolen/broken on the trip :(, you still have another half of your
original system in your home :)

Just another reminder: Thieves go everywhere, and that may includes your
home while you're on the vacation. Don't concentrate securing your camera on
the trip, only to discover that the camera at home is stolen :(
Remember, they're all precious equipments that took a long time & hard work
to constitute.

I wish you a safe & happy trip.

Januar Rahadi.
Bandung, Indonesia.