The recent discussion of lithiums versus rechargeable NiMH betteries leaves out
a possibility which was mentioned on this List some time ago and which I think
deserves repeating.  In fact, it has been one of the best tips I have read on
the List.  The MN-30, Nikon's own NiMH battery pack, gives top-rate performance
with the F5, costs about $125, and is supposed to be capable of being recharged
500 times.  That compares very favorably with using Lithiums @ $20 or more per
set of 8.  The drawback to the MN-30 is that Nikon's charger for it costs some
outrageous amount, like $350.  It is, however, possible to charge the MN-30 with
a $50 charger available from Radio Shack (model 23-250).  I have been using the
Radio Shack charger with the MN-30 for over a year and have been very pleased
with the combination.

This electronic message transmission contains information from the law firm Shaw
Pittman Potts & Trowbridge that may be confidential or privileged.  The
information is intended solely for the recipient and use by any other party is
not authorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by telephone (01.202.663.8000) or by electronic mail
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Thank you.