Hello everybody!

>In my other post on the N60, I recommended the 50mm f1.8 lens. The N60
>requires a "D" lens for all the metering and built in flash to work
>properly, and this lens is not a "D" lens. The lens my fiancee is using
is
>the 50mm f1.4, which is a "D" lens, but it's more money than the f1.8
>version (around $250).

It actually requires the "D" lens for activating the 3D Matrix Metering. If
you use an non-D AF lens, you get Advanced Matrix Metering. since he
already uses a camera that doesn't rely on D technology, I don't think he
will miss it. Also, I've read everywhere that the D technology really
shines with flas, and that's where the N60 (or my F50) doesn't use it. I
was planning on buying a 50mm, and I'll think I'll get the 1.8. I don't
think the D justifies $160 difference. It should be the most expensive
letter in the alphabet! :-)

Best regards,
Patricio Murphy
Buenos Aires, Argentina