Hello again fellow Nikonians!
Sorry for my absence, I had to go take pictures of migrating Flamingos, and although I
always have a notebook computer with mobile connection, I couldn't hook up.

I have read all your suggestions, and here are the results of what I will be doing in
a rocket fast period of time:

There will be a main "front end" page at www.nikonusers.org that will let you choose
whether you want java or not.
You will then be directed to the version of the site you have requested. There will be
a digest version (just like this one), a live version (by email post). All posts sent
to the live version will be compiled together with the digest posts to produce the
final "digest" which you will receive daily.  The web post  will initially be used
more for the people who just want to ask a question and not bother with subscribing.
the mailing list will be closed. This means there will be almost no spamming. If a
spammer attempt to subscribe, he/she needs a valid email address, and therefore can
not use a [EMAIL PROTECTED] type of email, so they are trapped.
You will not need to subscribe to the new majordomo list.
You will be automatically "transferred" there by Andrew and I. You can then easily
switch to the "live" version, which means as soon as someone sends a post, you get it.
The command to switch will be simple.
I will include a complete FAQ. Estimated date of completion by the 21st of April.
Live chat REQUIRES Java, and there is nothing I can do about it. Just the license for
the live chat costs $400 USD. It is excellent with virtually no lag time.

Now, for those who are eager to try out the new "live system", you can subscribe at
the following address:
send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "subscribe nikon" in the message part.
You will then get the instructions for what to do next. all posts should be directed
to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" AFTER you subscribe.

I will also redesign the web based posting feature to cover all of you which prefer a
simple backgroung/foreground.

There are new days ahead of us. New challenges which will only make this online
community that started with Andrew a  stronger, more united, and more informative
place to be.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

--
Regards,
Alexander

http://www.nikonusers.org