At 12:57 PM 4/11/99 +1200, Rob Weststrate wrote:

>Perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit but the smallest knob on my F3 broke off.
>It's the small safety knob (the "camera back lock lever") which you have to
>move to lift the rewind crank to open the back. Does anybody else have
>experienced this?

Yes. As I described in an earlier post in the same digest, this was a known
problem with early production run F3s. Nikon used to replace it for free
with an improved lock lever. I don't know if they still do, but it wouldn't
hurt to remind them it was a defective design from the start.
--
John Albino
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]