Greetings Kok Heng

It just so happens that the FG is the first camera my dad bought me
when I was 14. It has continued to perform flawlessly for the last 15
years. Absolutely no complaints at all. It is a good backup to my
F90X. Never had to have it serviced and it has been around the world
with me many times.
 Functionally it lacks some of the niceties of the FE2/FA but it is
quite adequate as a lightweight body.
It also has TTL flash so you can happily use your SB26 or whatever
with it. TTL Fill flash is also possible, but requires quite a bit of
effort - the ambient meter is not usable when you switch on the
flash, so you need to set the ambient exposure FIRST then switch on.
You can then use exposure compensation to dial in -1.5 EV for the
flash exposure. The results are virtually as good as the fill modes
on the new AF bodies!

I find that I can focus more accurately with my FG using the
microprism/split image screen than the AF in my F90X.

If you use the self-timer, the mirror is locked up during count down
so you essentially have MLU!

The CW metering is 40:60 ie 40% in the central 12mm circle and 60%
outside (which is the opposite for the FM2/FE2/FA). The meter is very
accurate so as long as you are metering something sensible in
reflectance, you will have perfect slides. I use mine in M mode most
of the time - it is much too slow to dial in exposure compensation in
A or P.

The A mode is actually extremely accurate - it has instantaneous stop
down metering. What this means is that it takes a light reading and
works out the shutter speed at full aperture. It then stops down and
makes a correction to the shutter speed if necessary, so if your lens
has a badly adjusted aperture ring, the exposure will still be
correct! P mode works in a similar way - aperture and shutter speed
are calculated. The aperture is stopped down and the shutter speed
adjusted if necessary. This was done to cope with AI lenses in P
mode. AI lenses have a non-linear aperture stop down and so large
errors can occasionally result. The FG overcomes the problem totally.

Have no regrets in buying it! Enjoy!
Regards
Anthony
[EMAIL PROTECTED]