I just got back from vacation through Italy, France, Denmark and Sweden
and because of
Kosovo I can tell you that films are put through a hard time at
airports.
In Paris I had to go through X-rays 3 times in half and hour !
<snip>

Yes, carrying film through airports is getting harder and harder.

National Geographic shooters ship their film via Fed Ex in boxes marked
"Photographic Film. DO NOT X-RAY. OK to open for Inspection."

They also split their film in half, and send half one day, and half the
next, just in case.

Everyone traveling by air should check out this site for recommendations
before leaving home:  http://www.f-stop.org/

Colin