Thanks for your feedback, everyone. This one is proving very vexing. I added
additional defensive coding to check the row counts before proceeding. It
doesn't make a difference.

If I try @jrfondren 's suggestion to run compile with `nim -d:release
--stackTrace:on --lineTrace:on c src/BuildEcDataLoadFiles.nim`, the entire
program runs lickety-split with no problems. That's awesome. But if I remove
the stackTrace and lineTrace options, I get the same failure. The failure is
_instant_. I don't even get the usual ODBC messages from leaving reporting on,
so I am reasonably sure that it's not related to any of the later work with
accessing SQL results. I don't even get to that point.

Really struggling to understand what semantics would be causing the change in
outcomes if the stackTrace symbols are left in.