Thank you for your help everyone.

@BigEpsilon:

I understand the difference seq vs array. An array is a fixed size from compile
time (a C array with the size information stored in the type system), and a seq
is closer to a std::vector in C++. My question is about setting the default
values of the struct.

You bring up a very good point that I didn't consider! I can just instantiate a
variable of that type with no arguments, and set the tuple members that I need
after. I like that better actually because it is more like C. I forgot that you
could do that!

@LeuGim:

I am creating a constructor/initialization proc. This code is inside that
function

That template is a neat trick though! I have not wrapped my head around all the
meta-programming available in nim, but I think it is one of the coolest parts
of the language!

@Krux02

My understanding is that a Tuple is closer to a C struct than an Object. In
fact, the C code that nim generates for TextBuffer Tuple is a C struct with
nothing extra, which is exactly what I want!

Object has extra features like dynamic dispatch that I don't want.