This is probably mainly a question for Araq, but maybe others are adept in the
plans as well. Araq mentioned in a pull request that named tuples might be
removed from the language. I'm wondering what is the motivation for this, and
what will be the consequences? Will there be an equivalent mechanism that
allows ad-hoc type creation, i.e., named tuples would be replaced by something
like anonymous objects? Or are there other ways to handle this without breaking
existing code?

I'm asking because what I'm currently working on heavily relies on named tuples
(they are a key language feature to achieve my mission with NimData: type-safe
schema transformation), and I'm not sure if the DSL I'm designing would work
without them.