@cheatfate No offense taken.  If asyncdispatch is implemented as an "event
loop", rather than a "thread-pool + task queue", and it supports SSL too, than
it seems "good enough" for my use-case. Until now, I admit I only worked with
synchronous IO (in Java). But what I want to do is very different from what
I've done before, and async IO seems much better suited.

What I'd like to know is, what does the statement "as long as you only care
about non-Windows platforms" from asyncnet really mean? Windows is going to be
my _primary_ target, so I _do_ care about Windows, a lot (note, care != like).
I would rather go with something that is part of stdlib, as it generally
reduces the overall "friction", but not if that means I cannot use it on my
primary target platform. If it only means "it's going to be a bit slower on
Windows", then I can totally live with that for now, at least until I reach
"beta", and need to work on performance.