> You're not supposed to restart it.

Fine.

And I just found a working file switch:

    nimsuggest --v2 --stdin /home/stefan/Nim/lib/pure/parseutils.nim
    def
/home/stefan/Nim/lib/pure/strutils.nim;/home/stefan/Nim/lib/pure/strutils.nim:2014:19
    def skProc  math.round      proc (x: T, places: int): T{.noSideEffect.}
/home/stefan/Nim/lib/pure/math.nim      284     5       ""      100

That is exactly what I was hoping for.

Maybe the system module is problematic, because it is divided into multiple
subfiles or for other reasons? Unfortunately most stuff is from system.

For the dirtyfile -- for my first tests within my editor some months ago I had
the feeling that it works best when I always specify the dirtyfile. I save the
textbuffer to /tmp with a unique name and give that name as dirtyfile. That is
really fast and generally works fine.