> Which ones exactly? LLVM, wxWidgets, Urho3D, Ogre, Unreal Engine 4 and even
> GCC afaik all use templates. We're not in the 80ies anymore where templates
> where this special bug ridden feature with stupid syntax that nobody
> understood.

Ok, I will search for examples, and update the post accordingly. I definitively
heared it in talks about c++. And listing big projects that use templates does
not beat the argument. Additionally I've heard from Unreal Engine 4 developers,
that changing the source code has very long builds, even long incremental
builds maybe because of templates, but that not a prove and not my own
experience.

> Go's compile times are nothing special at all. Nim sometimes beats Go's
> compile times, Delphi always beats it, D can beat it and yet D too has
> extensive templating everywhere...

Ok I did not do the benchmark, but correct would be that Go advertises with
fast compilation speed. But you are right, in my experience it was not too
fast. In my code is was always slower than advertised :/. But I can't exclude
that I did something wrong that cause this increased compilation speed, because
I never programmed in pure Go, I always had wrappers.