Thanks Ka, Varriout. Speed is not a concern as my controls gui2 is more of a
designer for the 3d objects in a design mode. (sliders to manipulate a 3d
objects size, orientation etc which I then need to pass/reflect in the opengl
gui1)

> >So its better and safer to use pipes, shared memory, fifos etc.

By pipes, do you mean nim Channels?

Shared memory / fifos - are there any examples? - I know I could use a seq for
the messages or the nim queues module, or maybe even a one-size fits all shared
struct, but it's the sharing of the struct/queue that's problematic.

I will continue tinkering, many thanks all...