Have been trying for a while but haven't yet been able to get niminst working
for me  (I'll keep trying to figure it out later)

But I think the secret is actually over here during the process of installing
Nim from github:

git clone --depth 1
[https://github.com/nim-lang/csources.git](https://github.com/nim-lang/csources.git)

Over there is c source code - generated by nim, for an earlier version of the
Nim compiler.

And that C source code comes in basically a huge number of permutations of OS
and Architecture.

Basically, 10 OS for 10 CPUs would contain 100 sets of C source code, that get
bundled up over in csources.git

So basically, the trick is to just compile your nim project for all the
combinations of OS and CPU that you want to target .

I thought there might be something like a single set of canonical source code,
with a huge number of #ifdefs or something, but I guess this way works better
for Nim and the codegen backends

Cool!