Have opened a ticket on github with a related feature request:

[https://github.com/nim-lang/Nim/issues/7122](https://github.com/nim-lang/Nim/issues/7122)

But also bringing it up on the forum for possible further discussion.

Anyhow, I'm a big "high integrity"-type fanboy. I don't program in Ada (yet),
but I'm really enthusiastic about it.

Nim already seems to borrow many features from Ada (I think Araq's even
mentioned this before, I think it was something like providing Ada, but being
blamed for C's shortcomings).

Anyhow, I figure it's a really nice idea to scavenge some ideas off of Ada
2012. Partly to help bring that kind of set of secure (or more importantly,
high integrity/reliability) practices more to the mainstream (also, some
further distinguishing of Nim vs other more mainstream langs than Ada).

We probably won't ever get to the level of "SPARK"-type static analysis, but
base Ada alone, is I think leagues ahead of just about every other lang.

(implied here, also an ideas like making "contract programming" libs, like
NimContracts, part of the stdlib, or having floating-point range types, etc),
as well as being able to promote Nim as having a focus on security/high
integrity.

Thoughts on this?