I like having a little compiler wrapper to execute nim just the way I like it.
I wrote one for my needs called
[nimr](https://github.com/lbmn/nim/blob/master/old/cmd/nimr.nim)
[[pb]](https://pastebin.com/isfr0xRX), but I think most programmers will want
to write their own rather than deal with my fugly old code.

Some features include:

  * Saves binaries in $NIMR_BIN directory (global env var defined in [my
~/.profile](https://github.com/lbmn/crap/blob/master/etc/.profile), like
GOPATH) - which addresses the "-o option doesn't set directory for binary"
issue above.
  * Finds the specified program under $NIMR_SRC path, so I can recompile and
run any program from anywhere.
  * Usable as a shebanger (#!/usr/bin/env nimr), with ##: compiler option
passing (idea taken from someone else's Nim shebanger that I can no longer
find).
  * Command variants: when nimr is
[installed](https://github.com/lbmn/nim/blob/master/old/cmd/nimr-install.sh) as
nimf (for fast) or as nims (for small) it creates optimized binaries installed.
  * Displays binary size, execution time, and/or
[errlev](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_status) info.