i'm running GDB as a process from node.js sending commands and parsing the
returned values from GDB. It works pretty well and i can debug nim.

one of the issues I have is that when a string variable holds values in hebrew
nim encodes it as:

    "\327\220\327\221327\233=\327\222"

when running the program everything works well and the string is printed to the
console as it should (not encoded) but when using GDB to get the variable
value, i'm getting the encoded values above.

I would like the debugger to show the string as entered / as displayed by
console and not encoded. So i need to figure out how to reverse this:
\327\220... back into meaningful string.

In other words, what is the algorithm the nim compiler uses to encode and
decode the string and implement that using JS in node.js