> So I started this binding work on June 18th 2017.

While c2nim does a very good job in binding generation, it is helpful if one
has some C knowledge and additional has a basic understanding of the library to
wrap, because it can be hard to guess what C header files really intent.

      typedef struct tagBookHandle * BookHandle;

seems to be a Opaque C structs, see
[https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3965279/opaque-c-structs-how-should-they-be-declared](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3965279/opaque-c-structs-how-should-they-be-declared)

So tagBookHandle symbol may be hidden in the .c file and not visible in the
headers. So importc: "tagBookHandle" would fail.

Does c2nim really generate above wrapper fragment? I think importc is generally
not generated for types, and I can not remember getting a incompleteStruct
pragma for my GTK3 related wrappers.

Maybe, if you have not much time and need that library for a commercial
product, then you can hire someone with good C and Nim background.