> So you DID inspect C code differences and also checked another compiler, but
> you still blame Nim, not gcc, for that time difference? Even to the point of
> calling it a security issue?

Excuse me @Udiknedormin, maybe you aren't fluent in English? I have not
_blamed_ Nim or gcc. I have asked the question, is it a Nim or gcc ` problem`?
Since gcc, and clang, produce the same characteristic of the `problem` for the
same Nim code (at least on my Intel I7 cpu system), maybe it's something else.
I don't know. To me it's an interesting anomaly that needs fuller investigation.

Also, I merely made the generic statement that this `could` become a security
issue. Any time you have code that behaves in an unexpected way, someone may be
able to exploit it. Why do you think Google, Mozilla, et al, pay bounties for
people to find security bugs in their code? (In fact, Mozilla funded the
creation (and uses) Rust to eliminate a whole class of coding problems
afflicting its browser code.)

It would be nice if you all chill out, and stop being so defensive, and focus
in on the technical merits, and implications, of the issue.