@Araq Do you mean to say here we are dealing with CIS (command invocation
syntax) ? To me this felt under UFCS since it's about function call and about
giving more choices: it's "Universal". Now if UFCS means only a.f()/f(a) then
that's not very universal. But the thing that makes me hate UFCS (which to me
is the combo CIS+UFCS) is that it becomes so powerful, that in templates
exploiting this combo, they become unrecognizable.

And what part in "discard add 1, 2" being surprising is not about parsing ? or
maybe is not vexing ? or maybe you just don't find it surprising at all. Which
wouldn't bear any weight in the discussion since you're not a human anymore,
you're a compiler.