Ok so I've been wanting to try nim for a while and finally did.

Right away I hit something I really dislike, and that is that nim has
apparently decided to do it's own thing about installation, rather than working
like ./configure --prefix=whatever. The ./install.sh script puts things under
standard subdirs for /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin, but then does something
different for other dirs. So no real support for anything like --prefix.

The instructions under 'Installation based on generated C code' are also
problematic. Assuming you don't want to dump the vim tarball into your prefix,
you apparently need to copy things into place after the build, but the
directions don't cover this. The install.sh script is mentioned but not
described, and re-running it after doing nim c koch && ./koch tools' doesn't
appear to give you an installed nimble (for example).

I'm really excited to try nim and have some projects in mind for it. In case
the noob perspective is valued here, I would strongly suggest that it would be
worth it to clean up the install process and wherever possible make it work
like other software.