> nil ref T.

Super. I think this change will turn some heads. I also like the recent work on
region collection. Rust and Swift are going all in on doing away with the
tracing GC; it's a good thing that Nim can hedge it's bets.

> > ML/Rust style pattern matching?
>
> Oh we might as well start a discussion here about its syntax.

Could you expand the example a bit? I'm not following.

> > I hope that whichever implementation is sanctioned works well with all of
> > the other relevant language features of Nim.
>
> Well I don't know what that means.

How will interfaces interact with generics? Will we have generic interfaces,
like in Java and D?

What's to be gained by sanctioning or endorsing one approach right now?

> > That would be really useful, but as a hard blocker for 1.0?
>
> Seems easy enough to do though.

Sure, but I'd like to see Nim 1.0 sooner rather than later, and this strikes me
as an easily compatible change (a feature addition, that shouldn't interfere
with much else) that could go in 1.X