I went in and did my best to correct some misconceptions I saw in the thread.

It was baffling to me that there was a single user who was spouting off a bunch
of incorrect nonsense about Nim as if they knew what they were talking about.
Luckily, Dom corrected that user pretty quickly. I dropped my two cents there
as well.

I think threads like the linked thread are definitely a good way to see what
direction nim should be heading in for the most part. However, there seems to
be a strange rivalry between Rust, Go, and Nim that I'm seeing develop.

I can see why Rust and Go developers would think that Nim is trying to steal
their market share. Considering that Go and Rust aren't even really
competitors, I think that it's impressive that Nim can stand up to both in
terms of productivity, performance, and feature set.

People will always fear what they don't understand I guess.