I have a Paralella board, which is basically an ARM machine running Ubuntu plus
a separate 16 core Epiphany chip, so in essence two platforms, both
programmable in C. To run code on the Epiphany cores you write this code in C
and compile it with a special GCC-derived compiler. Additionally you have to
write the main controlling code for the ARM host, which is compiled with
standard GCC for ARM. I managed to compile and test Nim on the ARM host, so I
should be able to write the controlling code in Nim and compile it with Nim to
working object code. The part I am not sure about is using Nim to program for
the Epiphany chip, as this requires using the special C compiler. It would be
nice if I could somehow tell the Nim compiler to use this special 'e-gcc'
compiler when compiling C sources for the Epiphany chip. So, have Nim generate
the C sources, but then having e-gcc do the next step. Assuming the Nim cannot
be configured to do that, my question is: is there a way to tell the Nim
compiler to only perform the first compilation step (Nim to C) and skip the
second step?