I definitely think that in terms of error messages rust is what every compiler
should aspire to be.

Of course that is kind of necessary since rust has so many unfamiliar concepts
and hard to get right syntax.

Nim's error messages generally need a bit of detective work to figure out. Once
you have some feel for what goes on behind the scenes that doesn't cost much
time but it is a barrier to new users and could be a great QoL improvement for
experienced users long term.

One caveat: it is super annoying to figure out bugs in macros and generally I
just recompile with echo treeRepr result before even trying to understand if it
isn't trivial. A simple way to output or even render the created ast on compile
error would be an amazing and maybe not too complex improvement.