This thread scares me as a new Nim user, for all the reasons mentioned before,
I don't wish for Nim to have multiple syntaxes.

I also come from a C style kind of languages and I love it, and I hate the
indentation style, this is one of my problems with Python (one, there are
many), but I choose to accept it, and use it, because of all the features Nim
provides.

Let me put it this way, I'm using Nim to solve different type of problems than
syntax, if syntax was my problem, then I don't have a real problem/task trying
to solve, I just have an opinion, and the next time someone will show me a
different syntax + hype I will jump ship.

I come from Go, and I love Go, I switched to Go mainly because of performance,
cross compilation and ease of deployment, but Go restrains me with its
limitations now, because my problems and projects changed in nature, on the
other hand Nim provides these features without restraining me (so far) as Go
does, this is why I'm adopting Nim, I accept its indication style and syntax,
because syntax is not my problem, my problem is to produce useful performant
software without struggling with the language. I don't want to fight with the
language, I want the language to work with me.

Couple of days ago, I was writing a simple binary search in Nim (brush up on my
algorithms and learning Nim), I hit an error , a little bit of reading and I
found out it's because of some spacing, I hated it, but I can live with it if I
learn that this is the rule.

This brings me to one important point, consistency & readability, sometimes I
feel Nim needs to put a little bit more effort on that, developers would like
to kick off a projects and have others contributing to them, inconsistency
would cause a lot of friction in Nim community and among developers in projects.

So please don't fragment the language and the community with it, Nim is
impressive language, and it started growing on me, although it's not the syntax
I usually prefer and use. I actually have it in production for couple of
things, just after one month of reading "Nim in Action".