It really shouldn't _need_ to break anything, though mistakes can always be
made in some initial pass.

I would think you might also like long option key normalization so that one
doesn't have to remember when typing commands `--how-toSpell_OptKeys-exactly`.
Entering commands is often more ad hoc and personal than writing code, to the
extent they are even distinct.

Also, if it matters, I'm happy to donate
[parseopt3.nim](https://github.com/c-blake/cligen/blob/master/parseopt3.nim) to
the cause. That adds a few more features beyond optional symbols like
"\--"/`stopWords`, and `optionNormalize`. It should be API/backward compatible
by default, but I really haven't tested it much outside being driven by
[cligen](https://github.com/c-blake/cligen) macros. E.g., I'm not sure how it
fares against quoting issues that arose recently.