It's possible to 'suspend' (pause) threads in various ways - a process can be
created in a suspended state, a debugger can pause threads, or threads can be
suspended via an undocumented kernel function
[NtSuspendProcess](http://forum.nim-lang.org///stackoverflow.com/questions/11010165/how-to-suspend-resume-a-process-in-windows)
 (process explorer uses the undocumented function when you right click an entry
and select 'suspend'). Doing this to random processes can have strange
consequences - for example, suspending a game with sound output will prevent
some sound manipulation programs (such as Window's built-in sound mixer) from
responding/spawning, as they try to communicate with the suspended process and
wait until the communication is successful.

Tell me, are you able to generate a full dump of the process via process
explorer? That doesn't require opening the properties menu. Also, could you use
process explorer to look at the list of dlls loaded by the process, and see if
there is anything out of the ordinary? You can also paste them in a gist or
something and I can look over them.

If this is too much trouble for you, we could arrange a time to screenshare,
and I could try doing to some diagnostics. You can usually find me on the #nim
IRC channel.