Hej all,

I am new here and new to the language. In essence I am playing around to get
familiar with NIM.

Currently, I am trying to reproduce the example on JavaScript invocation from
the documentation, see [JavaScript invocation
example](https://nim-lang.org/docs/backends.html#nim-code-calling-the-backend-javascript-invocation-example)

There it says:

> If the browser supports javascript, you should see the value 10. In
> JavaScript the echo proc will modify the HTML DOM and append the string.

When I create and compile the files as described, I do not get the number _10_
displayed in the browser (in neither Firefox, Chromium, Safari). However, I get
_10_ written to the console output. That makes sense to me as the compiled JS
function rawEcho writes the number to the log.

    function rawEcho() {
                          var buf = "";
          for (var i = 0; i < arguments.length; ++i) {
            buf += toJSStr(arguments[i]);
          }
          console.log(buf);
    }

I was now wondering if I misunderstand the documentation or if I have to do
something more as the documentation continues with:

> Use the dom module for specific DOM querying and modification procs.

Can anyone please point me to what I could do to make the code behave as
described in the documentation? I am running Nim version 0.17.2 on Ubuntu 16.04.

    $ nim --version
    Nim Compiler Version 0.17.2 (2017-09-07) [Linux: amd64]
    Copyright (c) 2006-2017 by Andreas Rumpf

    git hash: 811fbdafd958443ddac98ad58c77245860b38620

Thanks in advance and best regards, Helge