Hi all, still a nim-noob but I enjoy writing code in Nim. Nim is great and I
use it both for non-os and os environments.

Please don't purge the range-types; they are super useful and every serious
language should have it.

In my eyes the dead-code elimination feature within Nim is unneccesary; the
backend could handle that if needed. Especially within barebone environments
auto "dead"-code elimination is a problem.

Exceptions are also useful; but I also agree with Arag here that a context-
value could be used instead. Within low resource environmens (ATtiny for
instance) Exceptions are bloated. For me it's important that everything could
be excluded(switched off) if not needed.

Actually a porting guide is missing for beginners to get in fast into the
internals. For me it's acually unclear which code is platform dependent and
which parts are not.

Some modules could be externalized indeed especially these which rely on others
(protection against cyclic dependencies)

Also the c2nim tool could be a little bit more powerful - in my eyes it's a
little bit frustrating for beginners using it (error messages and tweaking
almost every header line of code; very much manual work)