Regarding Aporia. I really like Aporia as a starting point to test Nim for the
first time. I like it because of it's simplicity to get started with Nim. There
is no need to create a project, the first thing you can do is write a line of
code and run it. But I would not try to sell it as an IDE. I would maybe call
it a Sketchbook or something that relates to what it is, a frictionless testing
ground. In my opinion it is very similar to what PDE is for the
[Processing](http://forum.nim-lang.org/www.processing.org) community. But then
I would encourage people to use something that might turn out to be a more
productive experience in the long run as soon as the Projects become bigger
than just testing out a few features of the language. I know this is by far not
the best solution, because making people use one Editor first and then make
them switch the editor later will create friction and people will not like it.
But I think it is better to let them feel this friction later than before they
even got started writing the first line of code. Don't try to make Aporia in
the greatest editor in the world, the community of Nim is small and simply
can't compete with editors that have been developed for productivity for
decades (yet). Focus on one editor, make that experience great and write
documentation that might lower the entrance barrier. I would also also like to
see all information about editor support bundled at on location like it is done
for scala here:
[http://ensime.github.io/editors/](http://forum.nim-lang.org///ensime.github.io/editors/)