very difficult question; sure it depends on your personal situation. For
absolute beginners I recommend first learning BASIC and then glance at
ASSEMBLER(if you are interested in I would start with the 6502; there are some
free emulator/simulators there) and then try Nim (why not). For the first steps
I would not start with C (not of the language but the environment (hassle with
compiler/linker and so on) if you are on a non-windows environment. Visual
Studio is ok but not as easy as it looks.

If you learn Nim the "Nim in action-book" is very good (it´s a beginners book
with good examples.). If you like to learn a language you need examples (first
stupid ones, then serious ones) and read very much code from others.

I started with BASIC and I know someone who started with Visual Basic and SQL
(every serious developer needs to know SQL).