Some people claim that TechEmpower is a Java shop and so their benchmarks are
biased. I think those benchmarks are still very useful, but there's one very
important factor that gives JVM languages an edge: the great abundance of RAM.

The "Cloud" benchmarks are run on an [Azure
server](https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/linux/)
 (control-F link for "D3 v2") with 14GB RAM. That's HUGE! I use a much cheaper
[RAMnode VPS](https://www.ramnode.com/vps.php), with Web server disk cache and
PostgreSQL eating up most of the RAM.

Other benchmarks ([kostya](https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks),
[lpath](https://github.com/logicchains/LPATHBench/blob/master/writeup.md)) show
that Nim is very memory efficient. So benchmarks on [RAM-constrained] /
[power-constrained]([https://thenewstack.io/which-programming-languages-use-the-least-electricity/](https://thenewstack.io/which-programming-languages-use-the-least-electricity/))
 devices would be very useful, and I predict that Nim / Rust / D / Go would
totally destroy Java and C#.