> Something in the end I was not able to understand how to do is how to print
> the type of a variable.

There is a pending PR waiting to be merged which will allow this by default.
Until that is here, you need to `import typetraits`.

> my input file contained integer that did not fit in 16 bits. I guess this was
> due to the fact that I was using the const

Sets (the ones in system, which you use without any import) are limited to
`int16`. Hash sets (`import sets`) don't have this limit. For these kind of
problems, it is even better to use int sets (`import intsets`).