> Geany is a (more or less dead) zombie, PRs are not getting merged.

Ts, their last release was in january. It seems though that the Nim support
project did indeed end up somewhere between the taiga and a black hole.

For your other point: OK, OK, I see it and you are right. When I said "all" I
didn't think of Haiku or VxWorks. So I'll limit my criterion to "Win, Mac,
Linux, BSD", i.e. all Nim supported systems with more than 1% (0.5%? 0.1%?) of
"market" share.

As for your "we had a survey" argument, pardon me, and I know I won't get love
for this, but: Nim isn't the result of a survey - and that's GREAT. Nim is the
result of one knowledgeable professional who stubbornly followed _his_
understanding of how a great language should be. The fact, that you also listen
to Nim's users is an added plus. YOU are the reason that Nim isn't just yet
another Java, js, ML, a-better-C.

Nim is the result of "A. Rumpf thinks a good language must be like ...".

I don't say that to sugar you. I say it because (I expect lightning to strike
me for heresy) democracy is a quite worthless mechanism in the world of
technology and engineering. _That 's_ why I don't care the least about "the top
10 languages/editors/IDEs/OSs, ...". And please kindly try to follow my
argument, that's particularly true for Nim which tries to do things _the right
way_ , an element of which is _not_ "Windows and be done" or "Linux and be
done".

I still think Geany is a good example for what I mean. Actually I myself only
rarely use it and I do _not_ consider it to be a great editor or IDE - but
that's not what this is about. This is about another set of criteria. One might
describe it as "what's a reasonable minimum to work efficiently, preferably
with a GUI?" \- plus - enough flexibility to allow for supporting Nim.

VSC may be a great editor for many. But VSC is also the antithesis of what we
really need as a _basis_.