Hello Nim programmers,

I've written (and continue to work on) two libraries with a public C API, the
purpose of which is to facilitate making GUIs in any programming language (such
as Nim).

[OpenWL](https://github.com/dewf/openwl) \- cross-platform top-level windowing
library, with native menus, events, clipboard/DnD.

[OpenDL](https://github.com/dewf/opendl) \- cross-platform drawing library
(with Quartz2D/CoreText-compatible API), built on the native APIs for each
platform:

  * Quartz2D/CoreText for Mac
  * Direct2D/DirectWrite for Windows
  * Cairo/Pango for Linux (and probably any future platforms)

Basically, everything is native so there are no intermediate dependencies like
SDL. And I've been focusing on the "big 3" platforms from day 1, so nothing
should feel like an afterthought. Perhaps poorly designed from the get-go, but
not an afterthought ;-)

Now I know from skimming the messages here re: GUI libraries, that some of you
are working on projects with similar goals. I'm not trying to dismiss any
ongoing efforts in this area, just presenting another possibility for anybody
who would like to create their own GUI, but doesn't want to deal with the
hassle of cross-platform internals.

I'm advertising this around to the various non-C++ languages (Nim, D, Rust,
etc) because I feel there is a lot of interest in creating new GUIs purely in
these languages, but until now people have had to do all the platform-specific
work themselves, which is time consuming and perhaps not as enjoyable as I find
it :D