This is an interesting thread, and I didn't know syntax skins were such a
near-feature in Nim.

I'm very attracted to the idea - I think that syntax is actually very
important, but also a personal preference. There's not a lot to be gained by
arguing about it. I accept that some people like curly-braces, and it makes
code easier to read for them, but for me it makes it noisy and more difficult.
Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

I like Nim's syntax a lot, but there are things I might change (tabs!, maybe
assignment to ":" or "<-" so "=" can be used for comparison).

BUT how are people supposed to learn Nim if all the code examples use different
syntax? It's already a little tricky with Nim's syntax flexibility, macros, and
sparse code examples. Newbs like me approach languages syntax-first, and I
don't think I could have picked it up at all if the syntax varied wildly from
example to example.

Some sort of Nim syntax translator in IDEs would obviously be part of the
answer, but what about reading through code on Github and other parts of the
web? A browser extension to translate on the fly?

The mind boggles.